Français  English  Deutsch  Español

Region of Nuits-Saint-Georges Tourist Office
The Nuits-Saint-Georges App on Android Market Nuits-Saint-Georges on App Store

Lavoir des Ternes - Fussey


Heritage from Fussey

The wash-house « des ternes » is located out of the village of Fussey, at a former crossroad of roman roads used for transport of tin, iron, millstone, foodstuffs. The water is capted from a spring emerging in place-name « Les Fontenelles » and arrive by an aqueduct. The wash-house has been built in 1820. Before this date, there was no water point in the village to wash laundry. There was only a pound and a trough for animals and some wells and tanks for inhabitants. About 15 years after its building, a « rouissoir » is added. This place alowed to transform hemp into textile. The monumental architecture is the sign of the economic development of the village, linked with the hemp culture.


Theme:

Minimum / maximum rates in Euros (subject to changes)

By mail
Lavoir des Ternes - Fussey
Mairie
Place de la Mairie
21700 - Fussey

By phone
Phone: +33 (0)3 80 62 73 97
Fax: 03 80 62 73 97

By web
E-mail: mairie.fussey@gmail.com

Back to results

Pictures

Lavoir des Ternes - Fussey - Fussey Lavoir des Ternes - Fussey - Fussey Lavoir des Ternes - Fussey - Fussey Lavoir des Ternes - Fussey - Fussey Lavoir des Ternes - Fussey - Fussey