Important seigneury, place of important hunting in Middle-Ages, Quincey is still nowadays protected by surrounding forests. The actual village has been created in 13th century around the church, a first castle and some farms.
The actual castle, dating from 15th century, has been removed in 18th century and a wonderful park designed by Le Notre has been added. It is located not far from the older castle which has been demolished. Louis XIV, 20 years old, spent the night of 12th November 1658 after a hunting party in Forest of Cîteaux, the place having been considered as the only one worthy of welcoming a such important person.
15, Grande Rue
21700 - Quincey
Phone: +33 (0)3 80 61 06 33
Fax: +33 (0)3 80 61 06 33